Permission Denied error message with base and phpadmin

Mark Sargent powderkeg at snow.email.ne.jp
Thu Apr 14 04:24:30 UTC 2005

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

>>ok, problem has been partitially solved. Changing this,
>>
>><Directory "/usr/local/apache2/htdocs">
>>
>>to this
>>
>><Directory "/var/www/html">
>>
>>now gives me access, but, in this form,
>>

>>  Index of /base-1.1
>>
>>Icon  Name <http://localhost/base-1.1/?C=N;O=D>                    Last modified <http://localhost/base-1.1/?C=M;O=A>      Size <http://localhost/base-1.1/?C=S;O=A>  Description <http://localhost/base-1.1/?C=D;O=A>
>>[DIR] Parent Directory <http://localhost/>                             -
>>[DIR] admin/ <http://localhost/base-1.1/admin/>                  04-Apr-2005 05:27    -
>>[   ] base_ag_common.php <http://localhost/base-1.1/base_ag_common.php>      04-Apr-2005 05:26  3.5K
>>
>>which, I guess, is not too good. What have I done wrong here..?
>>And, could someone explain the reason why changing what I did allowed access. Cheers.
>>
>>Mark Sargent.
>>

>Why do you "fiddle" around with compilations from sources?

Only way to really learn...

> Make sure you
>have read the Apache documentation carefully.

I was following php.net's install doc; just didn't get a few things

> You seem to have not the
>the correct index file type or miss that file.

Yes, adding index.php seemed to do the trick. Bit confusing, though,
with index.php working in testphp dir but the index.php not working in
the other 2. Sure there's a reason for it, though.

>Alexander

Cheers.

Mark Sargent.