kernel-2.6.11-1.14_FC3 and vmware 4.5

kwhiskers kwhiskers at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 04:49:03 UTC 2005

I hate installing these fixes that come from 'somewhere'. I know that
this guy had the fix when udev didn't work with vmware (I never needed
it, however, because I figured out that the stop script was missing
from rc.d/init.6, and also that udev could be make to learn about the
vmnet* devices).

So... I guess it's probably ok. Now he has the gcc fix.

Thanks for the help. Have just downloaded it.

***

Wonder how much longer vmware 4.5 will run on fedora anyway. Knowing
the lifetime of commercial software, nice as it is, it was likely a
waste of money. I only use vmware to run Corel Photo Paint (and Draw
sometimes). Gimp is such a nuisance, with all those windows that open
up and you can never get it to do much.