double media directories

Timothy Payne tim at tmpco.com
Thu Apr 14 14:36:01 UTC 2005

Somehow Grub did not list a new kernel, so I used Grubby and it made the
entry so I booted to it.  That wacked my superblock on my drive and I
couldn't recover, so I reinstalled saving my data.  But it made new
directories in /media like "floppy2" and the devices are listed in the
fstab with the "2"  It works find but what about the next core, I'd like
to upgrade but will it freak out?  I copied all my music CDs and have 50
GB of .wav files with no place to stash them, I tried tar.gz but it's
still 47 GB.  If it was in the low 20's I could fit it on to my Windows
drive and start over, I don't want to copy all those CDs again.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thank you Tim...

BTW I used yum and installed the last kernel, Grub is fine and it boots
to it, why it failed the last time I don't know.
--

"because their minds are without obscuration, they are without fear"