backup the entire server

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Thu Apr 14 14:37:16 UTC 2005

Gentian Hila wrote:

>Hi guys,
>
>I have database server Informix running on Fedora and I am looking for
>a script that backs up the entire server to hard drive. Not just the
>DB but everything, including db as well. I need to compress the files
>as well.
>
>Or any free utility or program would be great as well.
>
>I am open to any suggestion.
>
>Thank you in advance.
>
>Genti

If you want to make backups to another server , I'd suggest amanda. I've
configured it to do daily backups of my /home to disk in less than 2
hours and works like a charm.
Also , we've used it to make remote backups of several servers to some
central backup servers with tape drives and the backup/rescue procedure
is very easy.

--
Pedro Macedo