FC3 Mail Server Spam Assassin

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Thu Apr 14 16:58:07 UTC 2005

Am Do, den 14.04.2005 schrieb Bob Chiodini um 18:39:

> And it works well, but what if I want to externally filter the email
> (through mimedefang/spam assassin, etc.)?  What must I do to the
> Evolution settings such that the externally filtered email still ends up
> in the junk folder?
>
> Bob...

Bob,

if you implement spam classification by using SpamAssassin server side I
suggest you too setup the filtering server side. Let Sieve do this job
:) So independent from mail client usage you will find the spam rated
mails in  folders like "probably spam" or "certainly spam" if you
instruct Sieve to sort those mails dependent on their spam value.

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.14_FC2smp
Serendipity 18:55:36 up 2 days, 15:35, load average: 0.15, 0.11, 0.09