SCSI disk errors, but disk diagnostics say disk is OK

Anthony J Placilla anthony_placilla at SUTH.COM
Thu Apr 14 19:13:38 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 12:55 -0600, Robin Laing wrote:
> Tom Haws wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Sorry for posting here, but I have a RH9 machine running the 2.4.20-8
> > kernel that's having problems, and the shrike-list is just about dead,
> > so I thought I might have a better chance of getting responses here...
> >

> > Would anyone have any idea where to start looking for this problem?
> > This machine is badly in need of patching, but because it is RH9 and not
> > RHEL or Fedora, I'm not sure how to do that.  Any thoughts would be
> > appreciated.
> >
> > -Tom
> >

> Heat or air flow?
>
> Poor cable alignment?
>
> Try changing the position of the drive in the chain.  Maybe it will
> work better at a different location.
>

> --
> Robin Laing

Can't address your SCSI issue but you can get available updates for RH9
from the fedora legacy project

http://fedoralegacy.org/

--
Tony Placilla, RHCT
anthony_placilla at suth.com

J.O.A.T.

GPG-Key-ID: 1024D/C78F8B64              http://pgp.mit.edu
Key fingerprint = A8D5 7AFF CE88 4179 C792  D9A9 F197 2A15 C78F 8B64