How do I run installed applications???

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Apr 15 02:36:01 UTC 2005

On Thursday 14 April 2005 21:48, Jason Hoskins wrote:
>How do I determine where an application is installed in Fedora Core
> 3? I have installed a couple of apps using RPMs and I do not know
> how to start them. I have found Netscape which from the terminal I
> type '/.Netscape' and it sounded like it was starting, waited for a
> few minutes and returned to the command prompt.
>
>Thanks in advance!

Wrong syntax.  If you are in the same directory as the executable, but
it (that directory) is not in your $PATH, then the syntax
is ./Netscape, not /.Netscape.  The latter syntax would tell it to
look in the / directory or partition, for a hidden file
called .Netscape.  Taint gonna work (unless thats where you put it
that is :-)

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)