[OT] Using convert to split a pdf file into pages

Gustavo Seabra gustavo.seabra at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 11:27:23 UTC 2005

Hi,

I know this is off topic. I just wonder if anyone here could give me
an idea, because I'm running out.

I have a pdf file with many pages. I want to split it into the
individual pages. So, I tried:

> convert all_pages.pdf each_page%02d.pdf

and it works, splitting the initial file into many smaller ones.
However, when i try to read the smaller file, the quality is way below
the quality of the initial file. I've been looking for an option to
'convert' that can give me the same quality as the original, but so
far I couldn't find anything. (I don't understand much about image
manipulation, so maybe I just didn't recognize the correct name...)

Could anyone point me to a better way?

Thanks,

Gustavo Seabra                 Graduate Student
Chemistry Dept.         Kansas State University
Registered Linux user number 381680