Problem with CD drive

Diego Ruiz diego.ruiz at ietcat.org
Fri Apr 15 06:39:54 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 18:19 +0900, Diego Ruiz wrote:
Hi all,

I've just full installed Fedora 3.
Ntwithstanding that in my previous installation (Fedora 2) the "CD
Player" was working properly, now, when I introduce a music CD,
the "CD Player" opens and the window gives a "drive error" message.

I've checked whether the CD-ROM drive can read data cd's and there
are not problems.  Additionally, I've tested the sound card and it
is also working alright!

I've also installed the updates (gnome media) as suggested by Gary
and the CD Player is reporting the same "drive error".

The "Soundcard Detection Tool" gives the following result:
Model: Corporation M5451 PCI AC-Link Controller Audio Devide
Module: snd-ali5451

I would realy appreciate any further help,

Diego

                 Diego Ruiz Hernández
               www.econ.upf.es/~diruiz

Universitat Pompeu Fabra,  Dept. d'Economia i Empresa
          c/ Ramon Trias Fargas 25-27, 08025,
                   Barcelona, ESPAÑA

Fall Term:
         Edinburgh University, School Of Management
        William Robertson Building, 50 George Square
                 Edinburgh EH8 9JY, UK