Network Problems

edukes at alltel.net edukes at alltel.net
Sat Apr 16 12:59:50 UTC 2005

Hello,

Still haven't figured this one out since 4-14.......

Changed out nics, cables, switch.

Server is now connecting to internet and all internet services are working as far as I can tell.

Local machines on the internal network cannot connect.  Strange thing is they can ping internal and external IP addresses.  Samba services are working.

Network Configuration tool reports status of the nics 'OK'.

It has been a few years since I setup this network and have not needed to make any changes.  I am on DSL.  eth0 is not active at boot, eth1 is active at boot.  Is this correct?

Network Configuration tool shows eth0 'Inactive'.  Shouldn't it be active after DSL and ppp0 start?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!