connecting multiple linux boxes..

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Sun Apr 17 00:20:59 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-04-17 at 00:35 +0100, D. D. Brierton wrote:

> Actually I think sftp would be easier if you already have sshd running
> on the machines (that way you don't have to set up vsftpd). In Nautilus
> (the GNOME file manager) do ctrl+l and enter as the location:
>
> sftp://username@ipaddress/path
>
> You'll be prompted for a password.

Heh cool - whenever I had tried ssh in nautilus "connect to
server" (same way I configure webDAV and ftp) the response I got no
matter what I typed in was "no default location" or something like that.

But what you described just plain works - I suppose that means the
"connect to server" interface needs some work ... it should just work
from there (like it does with ftp/webDAV etc.)