Webcams?

Endy endy at digitalgrotto.net
Sun Apr 17 22:51:18 UTC 2005

Louis Garcia wrote:

>>>Looking for a compatible webcam for my FC3 box. Any suggestions?
>>>
>>>-Louis
>>>

>>http://www.lavrsen.dk/twiki/bin/view/PWC/WebHome
>>
>>That page has a link to a list of supported webcams by the pwc module. I
>>didn't post the link because it contains a session id.
>>
>>Alexander
>>

>As compatible I meant I don't want to have to patch the kernel. I'm looking
>for a webcam that works out of the box. Are their any with full os drivers
>that are in kernel already?
>
>--Louis

For the qce-ga supported cards you just have to run a simple script and
it compiles a module that gets loaded at boot.  You don't have to worry
about patching the kernel at all, though you do need to rerun that
script each time you upgrade the kernel.  again, http://qce-ga.sf.net .
I'm using an old quickcam express without any problems.
-Endy