FC3 on MS Virtual PC 2004

Edward edward at tripled.iinet.net.au
Mon Apr 18 03:11:50 UTC 2005

Mohamed Zubaidi - Abu Dhabi wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> Was anyone lucky enough to install Fedora Core 3 on Microsoft Virtual
> PC? I know this is critical to lot of organizations such as ours.
>
> I tried installing it but kept receiving errors about the hard disk driver.
>
> Please note that I was able to install practically all other Linux
> distributions with no troubles so I guess I’m missing something here.
>

> Any advice would be highly appreciated,

I tried and and got it installed OK. However, upon reboot, I got the
tty respawning thing that I read about quite often. After going through
some google articles and trying a few things it just became to hard.

Wiped it and installed Mandrake 10.1 without a hitch.

Haven't got sound to work yet though. The articles on Microsoft's site
regarding this don't work. In fact I even tried SUSE and Debian and
can't get sound to work even though it's supposed to emulate an ISA SB16.

I can live without sound.

Regards,
Ed.