Trying to install printer driver for Z55 in FC3

David Curry dsccable at comcast.net
Mon Apr 18 13:20:28 UTC 2005

Ben Bullard wrote:

> [root at c-67-173-255-219 bennett]# tar xvfz CJLZ55LE-CUPS-1.0-1.TAR.GZ
> lexmarkz55-CUPS-1.0-1.gz.sh
> README
> COPYING
> [root at c-67-173-255-219 bennett]# sh lexmarkz55-CUPS-1.0-1.gz.sh
> Verifying archive integrity...OK
> Uncompressing Lexmark Printer Drivertrap: usage: trap [-lp] [arg
> signal_spec ...]
> [root at c-67-173-255-219 bennett]#
>

> The above is pasted from terminal. These are the two command lines
> from the Readme file. I understand the first is to  unzip the file.
> The second command is to install the driver according to the Readme.
>
> BUT my printer isn't working. In the printer configuration gui the Z55
> driver still isn't listed. When I click on "file-print" it sends a
> signal to the printer but the paper doesn't go all the way thru and
> nothing prints. There are several drivers on the list that achieve the
> same result.
>
> So, either the driver isn't installed OR I don't have the driver
> configured to the printer. I'm trying to use what I'm learning  from
> http://www.linuxcommand.org/  but haven't made much progress. Can
> anyone help?

If you have selected and tried to test print the Lexmark Z53 driver
listed in print.conf, I can't help but empathize with your situation.
(Too much time has passed since my efforts to install a new driver on a
RH 7.1 system and Fedora uses a different print daemon.)

Perhaps this message will help you attract the attention of someone with
current expertise that is able and willing to help.