problem with yum update

Kam Leo kam.leo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 07:14:11 UTC 2005

On 4/18/05, Levent <levent at levent.web.tr> wrote:
> it is related with rpm not yum.
> rpm hangs on errors related with ldconfig.
> try defining alias for ldconfig in your .bashrc
>
> alias ldconfig='/sbin/ldconfig &> /dev/null' or any other thing
> to bypass errors ldconfig generates on stdout.
>
> Yuandan Zhang wrote:
>
> > Hi, I am usi ng yum to update some rpm for FC3 and got following warnings
> > what is the problem? how to fix?
> >
> > YD
> >
> > Running Transaction
> > Updating: libgcc 100 % done 1/61
> > /sbin/ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libkabc_slox.so.0.0.0.#prelink#.f3SGCS
> > is empty, not checked.
> > Updating: libstdc++ 100 % done 2/61
> > /sbin/ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libkabc_slox.so.0.0.0.#prelink#.f3SGCS
> > is empty, not checked.
> > Updating: libgcj 100 % done 3/61
> > /sbin/ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libkabc_slox.so.0.0.0.#prelink#.f3SGCS
> > is empty, not checked.
> > Updating: alsa-lib 100 % done 4/61
> > /sbin/ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libkabc_slox.so.0.0.0.#prelink#.f3SGCS
> > is empty, not checked.

The file was probably left over from a previous installation and not
deleted.  You may have just this one or possibly more such files on
your system.  I suggest that you clean up your system by creating a
temperory directory and move all "#prelink" files that currently exist
in /usr/lib into it.  For example:

# mkdir ~/prelink-leftovers
# mv /usr/lib/*#prelink* ~/prelink-leftovers

Once you have determined that the "#prelink#" files are not required
just delete the entire directory, i.e.,

# rm -rf ~/prelink-leftovers