[OT]Motherboard recommendation

hicham hichamlinux at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 12:36:20 UTC 2005

Hello
sorry for this OT,  I'm looking to buy a new Asus motherboard, +
CPU3ghz + 1gb of RAM
the new PC will be mainly used for java developping softwares
I found a shop from where I live , selling many Asus P5 like MB
but I'm still confused, which one will you choose ?

- P5GD2 Deluxe
- P5GD1
- P5S800-VM

 will I be able to choose to use DDR or DDR2 memoy in those MB ?
(DDR2 memories are still expensive, I guess)
also I want the pc to be "silent" as much as possible and not consumin
a lot of power suplly ( if possible )
the cpu fan proposed is an Asus Neptune LGA 775

Thanks

hicham.