Is it just me or has the traffic slowed down here?

James Kosin jkosin at beta.intcomgrp.com
Tue Apr 19 14:17:48 UTC 2005

David Curry wrote:

| Arthur Pemberton wrote:
|
|> Mike Klinke wrote:

|>> You may have missed it but a week or two ago Warren announced that
|>> the "official" Fedora support group was the forums at
|>> fedoraforum.org and a few folk probably went there for the support.
|>>
|>> Regards, Mike Klinke
|>

|> To any others like myself who may have missed this:
|> http://www.livejournal.com/users/wtogami/2468.html
|>
|> It would be nice if at the very least, a email would be sent out to
|> the list of forum threads with zero replies or something.
|>
| Warren did post a message to this list announcing Red Hat's decision
| and several messages were exchanged here at the time.
|
| Personally, I think a much more plausible explanation for the recent
| relative decline in message volume is the release of FC4t2.  As that
| release is in development, I would expect most traffic related to
| that test release is going to the fedora-devel list rather than
| here.  And, those who have installed FC4t2 are likely spending more
| time testing that release and discussing their results on the
| development list and less time reading and responding to messages
| related to FC3 and FC2.
|
| FWIW

I agree with your assessment.  Most people have been posting to the
test lists with FC4 on the way.  When FC4 is finally released, I'm
expecting messages in the 300-400 range again per day.

FC2 has been dropped to the legacy list though.  So, right now most
are FC3.  But, this list handles all general questions as well.

I'm expecting to get my feet wet when FC4 comes out in release.

James Kosin