dhcp evils

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Wed Apr 20 04:21:38 UTC 2005

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005, Joel wrote:

> [...]
> > Would someone tell me whether an FC3 installation running
> > dhclient normally has a non-empty dhclient.conf?
>
> My FC2 box (which needs, I suppose, to become an FC4 box pretty soon)
> has no dhclient.conf by default.
>
> man dhclient.conf on the same FC2 box indicates that dynamic dns
> functionality is still in the experimental stages, and that it "probably
> doesn't do what you want it to". I wonder if there has been any
> improvement in FC3.

FC3 says the same thing.
So far as I  know, no dynamic DNSing was being done.
To the outside world, my hostname changed when my IP address did.
"stmike" is a purely local phenomenon.

Anyone out there which FC3 and dhclient that will tell us
whether you have a dhclient.conf?

--
Mike   hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.NoDak.edu
"I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES.  *I* ONLY TURN UP ONCE."  --  Death