MySQL Problems

Ankush Grover ankush174 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 06:45:50 UTC 2005

On 4/22/05, Paul <paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Just downloaded the latest MySQL 4.1.11 release from mysql.com, run the
> > rpm and all looks good, meaning I can loging fine. Then run the
> > mysql-administration gui and changed the root password. As soon as I do
> > that, login for the root account does not work anymore. Nothing nada.

go to the command line

mysqladmin -u root -p password  new_password

press enter
it will then ask for the current password not the new_password you have set
give the password ,now the new password for root will be new_password

replace new_password with any password you want to give to the root

 Regards

Ankush