Creative WebCam for Notebook problem

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Fri Apr 22 16:31:28 UTC 2005

Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Do, den 21.04.2005 schrieb Manu Linux Lookit um 22:38:
>

>>you need to install the PWC drivers which is for cretive webcam
>

> That is not true in this way. The pwc module isn't for each and every
> Creative webcam! There are even different webcam models with different
> chips even if they have the same name. You can't be always sure which
> you have. The USB ID is important. And as there is a different driver
> for cams with the specific ID "041e:401f" (see my other posting) I doubt
> the pwc driver fits. Btw. the Fedora kernel has that module.

Alexander, did you see my posting about the spca5x module?  It is
specifically for that camera and a bunch of others.  As I stated before,
from its README:

Currently, the following cameras are supported by this driver:
{USB_DEVICE (0x041e, 0x401f)},  /* Creative Webcam Notebook PD1171*/

It's available from http://mxhaard.free.fr/download.html
-     Never put off 'til tommorrow what you can forget altogether!   -