OT: FC4 and Evolution

Jamie Bohr jamiebohr at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 20:55:59 UTC 2005

Thank you all for repling, I appreciate all your input. I finally got my new
machine (Dell Precision M70 - very nice) and am now working hard on getting
Evolution to talk to my Exchange 2K server. I have search this list and host
found mixed results on whether the latest Evolution will talk to Exchange
reliable.

I currently have the following installed:

# rpm -q -a | grep evolution
evolution-webcal-2.2.0-1
evolution-data-server-1.2.2-2
evolution-connector-2.2.0-1
evolution-2.2.2-1

Based on the following

Windows Login: login_name
Windows Domain: domain
Email Address on Exchange server: First_Last
Fill Email Address: First_Last at mycompany.com
OWA server URL: https://myexchange-server.mycomany.com/exchange

What do I put into Evolutions text boxes? What I have below is failing:

Identity Window:
Full Name: First Last
Email Address: First_Last at mycompany.com

Recieving Email:
Server Type: Microsoft Exchange
Username: domain\login_name
OWA Url: https://myexchange-server.mycomany.com/exchange

When I press "Authenticate" the first time the window will prompt "Enter
password for domain\login_name". At this point the authentication window
goes away however the "Forward" buttom is still grayed out - no error
message

When I press "Authenticate" a second time the window will prompt "Enter
password for First_Last". After typing my password again I get an error
window that reads

Could not authenticate to the Exchange server.
Make sure the username and password are correct and try again.

You may need to specify the Windows domain name as part of your username
(eg, "MY-DOMAIN\First_Last").

I'm not sure what to do. If any one can point me in the right direction or
give me some advice I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you very much