udev/kernel conflicts...

bruce bedouglas at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 23 18:24:57 UTC 2005

kam...

i already charged!!

here's an overview of what's happened with this system.. it started as a
happy FC2 box. i screwed up and did a 'rm -rf /*r' and blew some thins
away.. i was never able to get back up/running and thought about doing a
reinstall of FC2, hoping that it would get me back to where i was.

i was unable to download FC2, and couldn't find the torrents for it. so i
decided to bite the bullet, and go ahead and get to FC3. i did an upgrade
using the FC3 iso cds, and got server back up...

doing an 'rpm -Va' gave me a serious list of rpms that were broke, which is
what i expected... in doing a 'yum update' (after making sure the yum/conf
pointed to FC3 repos) i got an err/msg about a udev conflict with kernel...

this is when i checked and started to think that maybe i have some sort of
kernel issue. and when i decided to post!!

i've gone ahead and installed the latest FC3 kernel/updates from the
fedora/redhat download site, and i'm now doing the 'yum update'...

-bruce