Sendmail not sending WAS email app i can use

jim lawrence fedorajim at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 14:27:04 UTC 2005

On 4/25/05, jim lawrence <fedorajim at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/25/05, replies-lists-redhat at listmail.innovate.net
> <replies-lists-redhat at listmail.innovate.net> wrote:
> > you need to do some (simple) debugging to see what's going on.
> >
> > first, print out the variables that you're submitting to the mail()
> > function to make certain that they are there, and valid. second,
> > check the sendmail man page to find the commands necessary to check
> > both "regular" mail queue and the submit queue to see if the messages
> > are sitting there. third, look in your mail log to see if/what
> > messages it may be giving if/when it gets a message from php.
> >
> > a properly formed php mail() function will submit the message to your
> > MTA, which will process the message for delivery. you need to try to
> > figure out where things are going wrong among these pieces.

To see if sendamil is configured properly, I ran these 2 commands
is this ok?

10:24 AM[jim at jimsdesktop ~]$ cat /etc/mail/local-host-names
localhost
localhost.localdomain
fedorajim.homelinux.com
10:24 AM[jim at jimsdesktop ~]$ cat /etc/mail/access
# Check the /usr/share/doc/sendmail/README.cf file for a description
# of the format of this file. (search for access_db in that file)
# The /usr/share/doc/sendmail/README.cf is part of the sendmail-doc
# package.
#
# by default we allow relaying from localhost...
localhost.localdomain           RELAY
localhost                       RELAY
127.0.0.1                       RELAY

10:25 AM[jim at jimsdesktop ~]$

I have to beklieve that sendmail is working fine because of the
ability to send a email from localhost.localdomain

Is my assumption correct ?