Apache config [OT]

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Mon Apr 25 16:45:02 UTC 2005

    I host several web sites that I develop.  My problem is the
generated log statistics are skewed because of my connection to the
site, hits that get recorded because I'm testing a page or busy
creating.  So while I know how to run an exclude statement on an
individual web site config file, what I'd really like is some way to
exclude it from ALL the sites through some global method.  Right now,
each individual site config file has an exclude line in it for my IP(s)
and each new site that I host I have to manually add that in.  Does
anyone know if there's a better way of doing this, if there's some way
to add it to the master httpd.conf file so that it applies to all the
virtual sites as well?

    And yes, I'm aware that I can filter it through the log analyzer,
however if I can prevent it from being logged at all that would be best.

--
H | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.
  Photo Craft Imaging                       .     3550 Arapahoe Ave. #6