kernel panic

Chris Rouch chris.rouch at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 13:10:52 UTC 2005

On 4/23/05, Burnie <burnie.west at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Hi -
>
> After upgrading to Kernel 2.6.11-1.14_FC3, I wound up having infrequent
> crashes or hangs.  Usually I could not find any useful information
> (there was nothing useful in boot.log, for example), but on one occasion
> I got the following message:
>
> Kernel Panic - not syncing
> drivers/block/cfg-iosched.c:1065: spin_is_locked on
> uninitialized spinlock df34e01c. (Not tainted)
>
> None of this means anything to me.  Reverting back to 2.6.10-1.770_FC3 I
> have no problems.  During the last week, I have not seen any messages
> similar to this.

I've seen similar behaviour. There are a few bugzilla entries related
to this, one of which (155472) claims that the test kernel in
http://people.redhat.com/davej/kernels/Fedora/FC3/RPMS.kernel/ fixes
the problem. This doesn't help me as I'm using atrpms kernel modules
and so need to wait for an official release. It might help you though.

Regards,

Chris