Hosed repos

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Tue Apr 26 16:20:11 UTC 2005

Am Di, den 26.04.2005 schrieb Mark Haney um 16:28:

> Mark Haney wrote:
> > Well I did it.  I did something incredibly stupid and now my repos are all hosed.  Not that I'm a huge fan of Up2date,
> > but I do like to use the notifier to keep me informed of new updates to the OS.  Now that doesn't want to work.  How do
> > I recover the stock repos for FC3?
>
> As an alternative to editing this file, you could reinstall the
> fedora-release package.

Just as a tip for the future:

cd /var/tmp/
wget ftp://.../fedora-release-3-8.i386.rpm
rpm2cpio
fedora-release-3-8.i386.rpm | cpio -ivd ./etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources
mv etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources

You then have back the original file from the RPM. This works for all
other RPMs the same way. Before extracting the desired content of the
RPM, run "cpio -t" to find out whether the RPM contains relative or
absolute paths - to avoid unwanted override.

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.14_FC2smp
Serendipity 18:11:45 up 14 days, 14:52, load average: 0.17, 0.21, 0.18