network stalls on Fedora Core 3

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 18:11:52 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-26 at 10:38, Keith Fetterman wrote:

> I replaced the FC3 OS with RHE3.  When RHE3 was running on the same
> hardware, I didn't experience the problem.
>
> Is it possible the drivers included with FC3 are more sensitive to
> hardware issues, than RHE3 linux?

Since this seems to be a rare problem, I'm not sure I'd say that it is
more sensitive in general.  It does use a different kernel and
initializes the hardware differently (and possibly in a different order)
there are certainly differences and in this particular case FC3 seems
to have a problem.  Have you tried either a different NIC or moving
the one you have to a different pci slot?  I'd guess that for some
reason you are missing the interrupt when a packet is received.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com