Sound on Sony Vaio

Olle & Susan ogladso at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 26 23:07:16 UTC 2005

A while ago I submitted a posting in reference to sound on a Sony Vaio RB30.
I cannot find the posting again, but I need to follow up.
Here goes: I could not get the on board sound to work. The
motherboard does only have two PCI slots and I did not want to use one
for a sound card. Anyway, I installed a Sound Blaster Live 5.1 card.
I am happy to report that everything now works flawlessly with FC3.
(Mandrake 10.1, for example, hangs on shutdown. Ubuntu will not install.)
One question though, is there any way to get the shut down button on the
keyboard to work ?