Force a crash dump.

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Wed Apr 27 17:45:33 UTC 2005

On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 01:31:38PM +0200, Jay Turner wrote:
 > On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 07:39:33PM +0900, Naoki wrote:
 > > Hey all,
 > >
 > > In FC2/3 how does one force a kernel panic.  I want to test some HA
 > > stuff and I need to panic my box.
 > >
 > > The code here isn't working for me :
 > > http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-HOWTO/Linux-Crash-HOWTO.html
 >
 > echo "1" > /proc/sys/kernel/sysrq
 > echo "c" > /proc/sysrq-trigger
 >
 > I think this is implemented with FC2/FC3.

Yep. FC4 is lacking it currently, due to some changes that
happened upstream which cause problems when you want to register
netdump & netconsole at the same time.  (plus it needs a little
rediffing). Hopefully it'll get fixed up in time for the FC4 final
release. If not, it'll reappear in an errata soon afterwards.

		Dave