Has anyone tried a cluser configuration ?

Johnathan Bailes johnathan.bailes at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 13:29:52 UTC 2005

On 4/28/05, Dave Gavin <dgavin at davegavin.com> wrote:

>  Hi all,
>
>    I'm trying to build a cluster using a DELL PowerVault 220S and two DELL
> PE2650 servers with PERC 3/DC controllers. I've found some info on the Red Hat
> site about a $500 per node Cluster Suite (plus $ for ES or AS subscription per
> node) - but very little on how it is actually set up. Is there anyone out there
> who has any experience with this sort of thing under FC ?
>
>   Thanks,
>  Dave Gavin

I used Kimberlite back in the day good for simple service level
redundancy and SAN availability.

The only gotcha I believe is choose Ext3 and not reiserfs but that was
waaaaay back in the day so any NFS gotchas I believe are long gone but
not sure.

Anyway it worked pretty well with two servers attached to a RAIDTEC JBOD.

http://oss.missioncriticallinux.com/projects/kimberlite/