Installing Fedora 3 using NFS

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Thu Apr 28 13:34:29 UTC 2005

Am Do, den 28.04.2005 schrieb Arpit Patel um 11:02:

> I have got a windows server 2003 server running which i am planning to
> switch to fc3 soon but at the moment i need to install fc3 through nfs,
> i have already got a software running nfs and exporting the fc3
> installation files to /export/ks/fc3, which it detects during
> installation but it doesnt seem to find the fc3 installation tree
> structure. what do u need to be in the folder /export/ks/fc3, currently
> there is the extracted files from fc3 dvd.
>
> Arps

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/x8664-multi-install-guide/s1-steps-network-installs.html

Though RHEL4 documentation it fits for FC3 too.

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.14_FC2smp
Serendipity 15:33:49 up 16 days, 12:14, load average: 0.44, 0.38, 0.27