Apt-get equivalent in fedora

MJang mike at mommabears.com
Thu Apr 28 14:34:11 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 09:43 -0400, Temlakos wrote:

> But when I want to know what packages are available, I have a problem.
> If I list them in a terminal window, the list will shoot off the
> scale--and backward scrolling of a terminal window sometimes doesn't
> work right.

While I prefer piping to less to address this issue -

> Is kyum the GUI for KDE? What GUI's are available for yum in Gnome?

The Yum Extender seems to be most current for FC3. For more info, see
http://linux.rasmil.dk/cms/modules/wfsection/article.php?articleid=1

While gyum is OK (http://fedoranews.org/tchung/gyum/), the Yum Extender
is currently more up to date.

gyum is developed from some good work from Cobind, but their work seems
limited to FC2 http://www.cobind.com/yumgui.html

Thanks,
Mike