Trackpoint and Battery indicator???

Charlie McVeigh cmcveigh at adelphia.net
Thu Apr 28 16:34:22 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-27 at 21:30 -0400, fedora-list-request at redhat.com wrote:
> Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 21:30:40 -0400 (EDT)
> From: "Francois Ouellette" <fouellet at idirect.com>
> Subject: Trackpoint and Battery indicator???
> To: fedora-list at redhat.com
>
> Hi all,
>
> Weird problem I have:
>
> With the Gnome 2.6.3 desktop on FC3 2.6.10 running on a ThinkPad, when
> put the battery monitor on one of the panels, the mouse pointer of the
> TrackPoint goes crazy! Usinf a USB mouse works fine... Beats me!
>
> Has anyone experienced the same?
>
> Thanks,
>
>  Franois Ouellette
> <fouellet at idirect.com>

I have a new T42 < 1 week old and I am not experiencing your problem.

A WAG might be to try switching the battery monitor from the top panel
to the bottom panel or vice-versa.  (If that fixes your problem I will
be amazed!).

Does this problem happen when you are plugged into wall power?  How many
batteries are you using?  Do you have an ultra-bay battery installed?

--
Charlie McVeigh
cmcveigh at adelphia.net