how to setup fc3 to ssh from remote server

Erik Hemdal ehemdal at townisp.com
Fri Apr 29 02:12:36 UTC 2005

> Hi,
> When I try to ssh in the fc3 from another server, it gives me
> this error:
> [server]$ ssh -X fc3-server
> ssh: connect to address fc3-server port 22: No route to host
>
> When do I need to start up?
>
> Thanks,
> Charles Li

You should also double-check that your server's firewall is passing traffic
on your SSH port.  Normally this is port 22.  Starting sshd (on the machine
you are trying to reach) doesn't necessarily mean traffic will get in.  The
system-config-securitylevel tool can show you this and you can allow the
traffic with a click or two.

Erik