RHEL Licensing question

Johannes Findeisen mailman at hanez.org
Fri Apr 29 03:06:11 UTC 2005

On Friday 29 April 2005 04:44, Deron Meranda wrote:
> Also, paying for RHEL does get you one intangible benifit too.  It keeps
> Red Hat funded, which despite your distro or anti-corporate biases, RH
> does directly fund and/or provide the people that actually do a lot of the
> really hard coding in Linux systems....kernel and elsewhere...which helps
> ALL distros and keeps Linux moving forward.

Hello Deron,

thanks for reply. Exactly what i'm thinking. Especially because i'm by myself
not are earning money with software but with it-services, i really would like
to support companies which are providing very, very great things to the
community. I am using Linux on my private desktop and everything i am coding
or fixing or what else i provide to the community in some way. So why not
make my customers pay for using the software created by you, me and many
others?

If the problem for me will be the binaries and the logos i will not install
RHEL. I will simply installl Fedora Core and they will be happy too. I have
some mashines running and everything is fine. I only wanted to have asked
before i make my decission.

This thread was exactly to find out other peoples(from the community)
opionions about that. Thanks!

Regards
--
Johannes Findeisen