OT a bit: fetchmail question

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sat Apr 30 14:56:16 UTC 2005

Am Sa, den 30.04.2005 schrieb jack wallen um 16:10:

> now that my username for mail has changed i can get fetchmail to fetch
> the mail but since there is no user named jlwallen at monkeypantz.net on my
> machine - i can't actually deliver the mail locally.
>
> is there a way i can configure fetchmail around this? or am i going to
> have to set up a user jlwallen at monkeypantz.net on this machine?

Hm, first advise is to have a look at the man page. You then would be
easily able to solve the question yourself.

       Here are the legal user options:

       Keyword            Opt   Function
       user[name]         -u    Set  remote  user name (local user
                                name if name followed by `here')
       is                       Connect  local  and  remote   user
                                names
       to                       Connect   local  and  remote  user
                                names

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.14_FC2smp
Serendipity 16:51:05 up 18 days, 13:31, load average: 0.16, 0.13, 0.09