OT:Perl, appending to @INC

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 15:59:31 UTC 2005

Back in December, 2004, Perl-Tk wouldn't run for me on an AMD64 system.

After Googling and searching, I found a fix.  With the most recent rpm's for
Perl, Perl-Tk quit working for me again.  This time it looks like
there was a change
to a filename from 'site-perl' to 'site_perl'.

Anyway, here's what I did to fix it, this time:

In .bashrc, I added the line

  export PERL5LIB=/usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0

and Perl-Tk started working again.  The only difference
from the December failure was using the underscore(_)
in place of the dash(-).  I did one other thing this time, too,
and that was to get rid of the i386 version of Perl on my AMD64
machine using this command:

  yum remove perl.i386

Although I don't use Perl heavily now on AMD64 machines,
I will be building several MythTV AMD64 boxes this year and
they will need perl.x86_64 installed and working.

Don't know if this will help you with your particular situation,
but your description seemed like it might.  Good luck.

--
MM