ethernet not working

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Sat Apr 30 16:51:48 UTC 2005

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005, bryan hepworth wrote:
bh quoted mh:
> > there.  I thought I'd seen a red FAILED message
> > whiz by with something like ethernet in it.
> >
> > I'm at a loss.  Even if I find the corresponding
> > log message, I expect it wouldn't tell me how to fix it.
> > How-tos rarely tell how to fix something after one thinks
> > he did it right, but it still doesn't work.
> > Can anyone point me to one that does?

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005, bryan hepworth wrote:
> What ethernet card is it?

I think that the following lpsci output applies to my machine.
02:0c.0 Ethernet controller: 3Com Corporation 3c905C-TX/TX-M [Tornado] (rev 78)
        Subsystem: Dell Computer Corporation: Unknown device 010d
        I/O ports at ec80 [size=128]
        Memory at fe1ffc00 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128]
        Expansion ROM at fe200000 [disabled] [size=128K]
        Capabilities: <available only to root>
I forgot to right some important things down.
The output is actually from its brother, on which I am not root.

--
Mike   hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.NoDak.edu
"I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES.  *I* ONLY TURN UP ONCE."  --  Death