More and more yum dependency problems

Harald Grossauer harald.grossauer at uibk.ac.at
Tue Aug 2 10:07:20 UTC 2005

> This isn't working because it needs to update both i386 and x86_64
> versions of mozilla at the same time. Did you bugzilla the fact that
> there is no mozilla.i386 update in the x86_64 updates-released repo?
>
> To work around this you'll need to do:
> # yum remove mozilla.i386
> # yum update mozilla
> Then, if you do actually want the i386 mozilla package (for 32 bit
> plugins etc.):
> # yum install mozilla-nspr.i386 mozilla-nss.i386

After removing the mozilla.i386 package a plain "yum update" updated the
complete system. I did not reinstall mozilla.i386 since I do not see why
I should neet it. Maybe some program will complain about that but I can
reinstall it later. "yum install libtool" also succeeded.

Thanks for going through all the effort to solve my problem!