I2O + raidutils support

Peter peter at the-ricochet.net
Fri Aug 5 17:39:48 UTC 2005

Hi all,

first, please let me say that I'm new to this list. I actually HAVE
searched the archives and I HAVE used google a lot on this, but now I'm
posting.

I'm running a box that has undergone several 'yum update's since it
exists, currently 'uname -r' says: 2.6.12-1.1448_FC5smp

My problem is: somewhere along the way the little bash script I wrote,
that uses 'raidutil' (from http://i2o.shadowconnect.com/) has stopped
working and doesn't report the status of the Raid anymore, which makes
monitoring a bit... hard.

I use an Adaptec ASR2010S. F.e., the output of 'raidutil -L controller' is:

Engine connect failed: COMPATIBILITY number
osdIOrequest : File /dev/dpti17 Could Not Be Opened

I have found instructions, among which are to recreate /dev/dpti0 up to
/dev/dpti17, but the end of the story seems to be that the driver dpt_i2o
has been replaced by i2o_block and now needs a patch to work. The patch is
available at the i2o site, but since I'm a little frightened to actually
recompile my own kernel, here's my question:

When will those patches finally be integrated in the downloadable kernel
packages, so that raidutil support will function again?

Thanx in advance for reading this sermon :)

Cheers,
Peter.