Playing DVD's

Billy Masopust linux343546 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 9 19:45:39 UTC 2005

Hello!
My experience with playing DVD's in Linux (any distro) has been a real
battle.  There are some people out there that claim they were able to play
DVD's out of the box, but conveniently, none of them can explain how they
got it to work.  I do know for sure you need a dvd decrypter, which can be
found on either freshmeat downloads or sourceforge.  I apologize for not
being able to remember the names of the packages.  There are also a few
other packages you need, like a menu reader and a playback package.  Also, a
VERY good source for information on DVD playback in Linux is a web site at
http://www.linuxquestions.org and search for the issue you are having.  This
web site is a WEALTH of information.  I hope this helps you out.

Billy