How to make adobe default pdf reader in firefox/thunderbird

Bill Rees breeze at smsonline.com
Wed Aug 10 22:09:53 UTC 2005

Rey Cruz wrote:

>On Tue, 2005-08-09 at 13:10 -1000, Ping-Wu Zhang wrote:
>

>>I went to Firefox -> Edit -> Preference -> Download -> File Type to
>>try to make Adobe Acroread 7.0 as my default pdf reader, but the
>>dialog windows were greyed out.
>>
>>How do I make adobe my default pdf reader in firefox/thunderbird? Thanks
>>

>Adobe has a plugin for Firefox.
>
>cd /usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Browser
>./install_browser_plugin
>
>If you get confused check
>out: /usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Browser/Browser_Plugin_HowTo.txt
>
>Rey Cruz

Go into the "start" menu under the redhat icon in the toolbar.  Then
select preferences and file types.  Within there is a published
materials selection that will open up and display pdf viewer.  Open this
and double click on pdf which will open and give you en eidt box to
specify what viewer to use for pdf files.

       Redhat--> preferences -->  file types and programs --> published
materials -->  pdf viewer --> browse for pdf viewer to use.

bill rees