3. System crash (with datalost) with FC3

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Thu Aug 11 17:38:58 UTC 2005

Patrick Steiner wrote:
> hi,
>
> i am redhat (fedora) fan since red hat linux 8. all works fine, but with the
> new fedora core 3 i have got the third hd crash (with data lost) since a few
> weeks.
>
> i dont know how this could happen :-(
>
> could this be the problem? and how can i fix it?

Is this an upgrade or a clean install?

If it is an upgrade, did you go to FC1, FC2 then FC3?

I ask this as I went from RH 8 to FC1 and it took a few month to get the
bugs worked out.  Heck I still found the weird problem related to the
upgrade last week.

It has been advised in the past to do a clean install instead of an upgrade.

--
Robin Laing