Playing DVD's

Johan Lozano johan.lozano at tiscali.be
Sat Aug 13 14:36:08 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-10 at 13:05 -0500, STYMA, ROBERT E (ROBERT) wrote:

> > Making Fedora play DVD's is not that difficult:
> > 1. Add the livna-repo to your yum configuration (http://rpm.livna.org)
> > (how to do: see the site)
> > 2. In a terminal enter (as root): yum install xine\* libdvd\*
> >
> > Now you can watch DVD's with Xine or even mplayer. Totem seems to have
> > problems while it's built upon xine-libs
> >
> > Bart
> >
> I tried these commands when I got home last night and it worked
> like a champ.  xine is now playing DVD's just fine.
> Thank you.
>
> Bob Styma

on a box with FC4 i386 this works to for me to
but not on an other box with FC4 x86_64
keep getting this message on xine:

The source can't be read.
Maybe you don't have enough rights for this, or source doesn't contain
data (e.g: not disc in drive). (Error reading NA packet.)

and with totem:
The source seems encrypted, and can't be read. Are you trying to play an
encrypted DVD without libdvdcss?

what can i do to correct this?

Johan Lozano
MicroBit, Duffel