Internet isn't accessible after update

David Ganger dganger at comcast.net
Mon Aug 15 23:37:26 UTC 2005

Yeah i realize the configuration is odd but i am planning to put a small
linux based firewall in soon, so for now i don't really want to change it,
since i will be changing it again in the near future. Yes i was also
mistaken it is a router not a switch. But like i said before i can ping the
router and the xp computer and even some sites but i can't physically see
them in a web browser. when i type in a site like www.google.com it doesn't
do anything in the browser and just displays "done" in the bottom left hand
corner, I have tried different web browsers and my instant messenger program
cant connect either. Maybe i am just not understanding what you guys are
saying. Also the internet did work fine before i performed the first
up2date. After that i have been having these problems. It seems like some
type of software or bug issue to me but maybe i am wrong. Thanks for all the
help.
-Dave