[AMD64 - FC4-64] SMP causes keyboard trouble

A.J. Bonnema abonnema at xs4all.nl
Sun Aug 21 01:00:38 UTC 2005

Louis Lagendijk wrote:

>>I have been experimenting with USB legacy and with PS2 versus USB and
>>the result is:
>>
>>1. PS2 keyboard in combination with SMP gives the same result, it just
>>takes longer to happen.
>>2. disabling USB legacy results in the BIOS not recognizing any
>>keyboard. It does recognize the mouse even though both keyboard and
>>mouse are wireless and thus connected through the same USB device.
>>3. Only the UP-kernel is trouble free (as far as USB/PS2 keyboard is
>>concerned).
>>
>>I have also found a bug that describes my problem (more or less) so I
>>added comments to it:
>>

>>  Bug 154539 processed: Kernel 2.6.11-1.14 & 2.6.11-1.27 break USB
>>  mouse/keyboard.
>>

>There is another bug-report (162865) that may apply as weel: there is a
>bug in the combination dual core processor + power now. Check the latest
>kernel from testing. That fixed my problems on my AMD64 X2.....
>Louis

Thanks for the hint. I had already updated to 2.6.13, so I executed the
suggested statements including kudzu. However, after rebooting in the
smp kernel, after a while the OS stops responding to the keyboard. This
is a change from the old situation, where the OS would repeat the last
key extremely fast, rendering the keyboard useless too.

Bottomline though is: it doesn't work yet.
Anyway, thanks for the hint.

Guus.

--
A.J. Bonnema, Leiden The Netherlands,