Problems Installing FC4 iso on Windows

Byrd, Robert rob.byrd at york.edu
Mon Aug 22 23:06:53 UTC 2005

My new 3.2GHz Pentium 4 machine will not boot the FC4 i386 disc1 from
the CD. I checked the sha1sum, made sure that the CD was the first boot
priority, and I can see the cd being read during boot. Windows XP still
finds its way to my computer screen. (with no bootloader option since
there is still only one OS installed-WinXP)  I have 50 GB for WinXP 20
GB of fat32 for crossover files, and left 80GB for FC4. Do I need some
sort of boot disk in addition to the iso disc1?

Thanks,