ftp problem to windows 2000 server

James Wilkinson fedora at westexe.demon.co.uk
Wed Aug 24 16:42:54 UTC 2005

JT Design wrote:
> I am having problem to ftp to any windows 2000 server from a Fedora Core 4 machine.
>
> After ftp login, I am unable to list or download any files from Windows 2000 server.  The FTP hangs and get nothing returned.
>
> I do not have any problem ftp to other UNIX machine.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Which FTP program on Fedora?

Is there a firewall between you and the Windows 2000 server?

My guess is that you're having problems with "active" FTP. Try the
"passive" FTP command (before trying to list anything!)

Or try lftp or ncftp (from Extras).

Hope this helps,

James.
--
E-mail address: james | In the Royal Air Force a landing's OK,
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | If the pilot gets out and can still walk away.