Java program accessible by all users

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at
Thu Dec 1 23:43:21 UTC 2005

On 12/1/05, Paul Smith <phhs80 at> wrote:
> Dear All
> I have got a jar executable file. What should I do to make that java
> program accessible for execution by all users?

Make sure java(1) is world executable and make sure the jar file is
world readable.

"`The enemy we fight has no respect for human life or human rights.
They don't deserve our sympathy,' he said. `But this isn't about who
they are. This is about who we are. These are the values that
distinguish us from our enemies.' - Sen. John McCain, R-Arizona