Graphical screen dying on new FC4 install

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 07:04:08 UTC 2005

On 12/2/05, Jose Achmad Palala <deterium73 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I must admit I'm just a newb, but I think a fresh "clean" install of Fedora
> Core 3 or 2 would be better instead of installing core 4.
> I heard somewhere in the fedora website that fedora was gently optimized for
> the pentium processor, but not completely optimized to allow for better
> compatibility with other processors though.
> It must be an OS problem because it runs other operating system such as
> win98 smoothly.
> Try reading the boot screen (use interactive boot to execute specific
> components) and look if anything is amiss  i.e. did not detect nvidia
> hardware.
> I think it could also be the GPU, its drivers may have not been updated for
> linux. Try downloading the latest drivers for nvidia or following
> http://stanton-finley.net/fedora_core_4_installation_notes.html
> on how to get nvidia to work with your system.
>
> Goodluck!

I did look at the boot screen during startup, the only thing thing
that failed was the internet connection, not suprising considering the
fact that the cable was not plugged in! I think that you are right and
I will switch distros. I should have researched that first...

Dotan Cohen
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/biography/117/chicago.php
Chicago Song Lyrics and Biography